Find out about adb brakes’ past achievements below.
We’re pioneers in the brakes industry, and have a great future planned.
- Pioneers in the manufacturing of bonded brake shoes for cars and trucks.
- First to offer same day service under the name of Eastern Suburbs Bonded Brakes in Paddington, Sydney.
- Central Brakes is incorporated as Clutch Brake & Automatics (CBA).
- Latter name changed to Australian Disc Brakes. Retains same ACN.
- Australian Brake Lining Co. – the original Brake Lining distributor for Australia – is acquired along with the distribution rights for Australia. This allows for a rapid expansion into all major East coast cities in Australia. Having met its expansion plans, the company now consolidates its position into the heavy transport, industrial and mining industries.
- One of the first in the world to manufacture non-asbestos, semi-metallic brake pads.
- The Ampco brand is launched.
- Supplies high quality raw materials used in the manufacture of non-asbestos brakes to other brake companies.
- First to introduce a 4 colour high-gloss brake pad box; raising the standards in visual packaging for others to follow
- Ampco/adb enters into a manufacturing arrangement to produce non-asbestos brakes in Australia for Ferodo during their factory relocation to overseas: a demomstration of the trust in our quality controls at each stage of production.
- Ampco/adb begins to transfer the production of a select range of brake pads overseas.*
- adb Brake pads are now made overseas.
- adb Brake rotors are added to our range
- adb Brake rotors are quality assurance certified ISO 9001 QS9000 & TUV
- Quality Assurance Certification adb brake pads are tested and certified by AMECA (Automotive Manufacturers Equipment Compliance of America) in compliance with OEM VESC V-3 the Vehicle Equipment Safety Commission Regulation.
- adb brake pads are quality assurance accredited to ISO 9002, QS 9000, ECE R90, TUV, VDA 6.1.
- Brake pad range increased to cover virtually every application on Australian roads.
- Over 40 years experience in servicing the automotive trade in Australia.
- Customers include national accounts, warehouse distributors and mass merchandisers.
- ADB and Ampco brand products currently include brake pads and rotors for all types commercial and passenger vehicles, industrial and mining applications.
- Brake Rotor range increased to cover nearly all applications on Australian roads.
- This sizeable investment by adb to expand its brake rotor range includes European, Japanese, Korean, 4WD and commercial vehicles and matches the adb brake pad range which is arguably the largest in Australia.
- Sales Bulletins are now put online. This allows our customers to compare their cost against other published costs by our competitors and confirm that we’re offering the best price.
- Europad: the quiet European – a high end quality brake pad made in Europe completes the price and quality range available. The distribution to our resellers began with over 250 European part numbers in March 2013. The range was completed in 2013.
- Premium Rotors: Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors added to adb range – Premium selection for drivers who demand only the best performance out of their vehicles
- Platinum TS3 Rotors – Further improvement of our premium cross-drilled & slotted rotors for a cleaner looking wheels. Building upon the success of our original premium rotors, our TS3 rotors are able to resist rust build-up.
- Launch of our Online Shop – open 24/7 to provide convenience for customers to view products and purchase within minutes.
We remain an Australian Owned Company